Monday, March 9, 2015

Kids Art Room Decor

Last week I unplugged from all social media and finished up a bunch of projects for my girl's room. I am so excited at how far this room is coming along. I am in the last phase of creating the wall gallery and today I am sharing a few of the projects I have finished.

I took a few of my daugther's art work and I wanted to add some inspirational words in her room. I wanted clusters of stars, so I came up with the idea to make my own stencil out of hot glue sticks. I took parchement paper and I drew stars, then I took my hot glue gun and traced the stars. I made sure the stars where connected, because I wanted one big star stencil. I then layed my stars on the canvas, along with these sticker letter decals. Finally, I took gold metallic spray paint and sprayed the canvas evenly. The results are amazing and it gave this kids art work a fresh look. 

This piece turned out great and I just loved how different it looks. 

For this piece I created an owl stencil and I added bling to the eyes. Another fabulous piece. 


Here is the before and after. My daugther loves how it turned out and it will go perfect in her room. Room tour is coming soon. Make sure to come back.  

Vanessa

28 comments:

  1. You are so creative, Vanessa! I love these. You could sell these for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another Kim agrees, beautiful art work. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea. I think they came out awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! These are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a thing for owls lately. So cute! Very clever idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to show this to my daughter she's very artistic and she would love this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are beautiful. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how that owl turned out! These projects are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these, they turned out great! The colors look metallic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that looks so cool! I love how the colors look on the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So ingenious and so cute! I LOVE that owl! (So would my daughter!)
    xokathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. How creative! I would have never thought to use hot glue to make a stencil!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How awesome are those!! You must be crazy creative because I would have never thought to go about that process. Just came across you via a post on Home & Garden Bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is so amazing! I want the owl one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute idea! Love how it turned out. I am a huge fan of hot glue... so great for so many projects. Your daughter is very lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So simple and creative. I passed the post along to my sister who just moved into her first house and is trying to decorate two children's bedrooms! - katy

    ReplyDelete
  17. My youngest LOVES owls. She would absolutely love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the owl! I am so not DIY-inclined. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a cool idea. I love the artwork too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so neat. I want to try this for my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so creative .. you should make a portion and sell them on Etsy. Super talented and creative

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are some really cute crafts. I will have to make some for my girls' room

    ReplyDelete
  23. Me and the nine year old will do something like this for his spring break.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love them! I'm a big fan of owls!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are adorable. Something that would be great for a grandparent gift for sure

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.