Tuesday, January 7, 2014

How To Create A Denim Texture - On A Dresser

Today I am sharing with you this tutorial on how to get a denim effect by simply using two colors. I forgot to take a before picture however the wood was a blonde color. The two colors I chose are French Blue and Robin Egg by Maison Blanche Paint Company. I gave the dresser two coats of the French Blue and one coat of the Robin Egg. When I applied the Robin Egg I made sure it wasn't perfect. Once the piece was completely dry I use a medium sand block and distressed the dresser and applied clear wax. I love how this piece has a worn denim effect. 

The top of the dresser and the the drawers have that worn look to it. 

What color would you use to create a unique piece? Don't forget this Wednesday is our Google+ link party love to see you join in on the fun. 

Hugs, 

Vanessa

2 comments:

  1. This turned out beautifully! Thanks for the great tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.