Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Simple Chicken Quesadilla!

Happy Tuesday!

I am going to share with you one of favorite and simple recipe you can make for your family either for lunch or dinner. I love to pair my chicken quesadilla with a side salad. This is a fast and light meal for the spring and summer times. It has been in the 90's here in Florida for the last 7 weeks can you say muy caliente (hot)!

Chicken Quesadilla:
1 1/2 Chicken breast cubed
1 large red onion
Cilantro
Large tomato
Avocados
Baby Spring Mix
Sour Cream
16 oz of cheese
Olive oil
Salt
Black pepper

1) Season your chicken and drizzle olive oil over it and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Next, you can cook your chicken two ways. The first way is to cut up your chicken and toss in pan till cook through. Or you can grill your chicken breast on the grill and set aside for 5 minutes and then cut into thin slices. I cook my chicken both ways, but today I did the first method.


2) Next chop up your red onion, drizzle olive oil and cook onion till translucent.


 3) Place tortillas on the grill or pan till lightly golden.


4) To assemble place chicken, cheese, onions, tomato and any other sides you like to your tortilla and then place the other tortilla on top and grill till the cheese melts.



5) Plate up quesadilla with a side of sour cream, salsa and side salad. Enjoy!


Hope you enjoy this simple meal and I love to hear from you so drop me.  Have a great week!

Vanessa

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! I've nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Great job on your blog! Check out my post on this: http://chase-thestar.blogspot.com/2012/04/and-award-goes-to.html

    You've Earned It!
    Blessings,
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Chicken quesadillas are our go-to food around here. I like all the good stuff you put in yours. Way to make it healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love quick and easy meals. We eat chicken quesadillas a lot for dinner on the weekends. Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, this looks delish! =) Thanks for sharing, my mouth is watering now, ha! YUM!! =)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.