Thursday, March 22, 2012

Urn Makeover

I had these lovelies urns that I used in my sweet girls birthday party and I just wanted to age them a bit. So, I took out my trusty Martha Living Metallic Glaze in Muscovado. Let me tell you, it turned these bright yellow urns to a vintage WOW! Take a look!

I changed my mind in using the gold metallic paint by FolkArt.
Once I spread the glaze I waited about 8 minutes before I wiped it off. Used a lint free cloth when wiping the glaze off. I also used my fingers to rubbed in the glaze into all the nooks and crannies.
Here is my lovely urn in all her glory! : )

I just love how the urns turned out and of course I am not done with them, so come by and see what I add to these lovelies next. Thanks for stopping by and I LOVE to HEAR from you, so leave a comment. Have a great weekend.

Hugs,
Vanessa

14 comments:

  1. I love this. I'm going to have to buy me some of that glaze now! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, it's lovely; looks like it has just enough of the gold metallic peeking through the cracks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vanessa,

    The urn was pretty but you made it gorgeous looking. It says 'wow' now!

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vanessa! Thanks for popping into my blog! Nice to meet you. These urns turned out wonderful! I am now your newest follower too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty it looks! I love the glaze in the cracks. It gives so much depth to the piece.

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the urns! Can't wait to see what's next!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice job Vanessa! I hope you do show us the other urns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vanessa,
    I'm hoping you will link this up to my Sunday School' linky party as its wonderful!! You've done a great job with these urns ... Turned out very professional.
    Jennie, x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, that is fantastic! What a great finish! I am definitely going to try that glaze :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Vanessa! You did a beautiful job glazing and antiquing your urn!

    Such a pleasure having you share your talent and creativity at Rook No. 17!

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the inspiration! Stopping by to let you know I am featuring you today! Stop by and link up again!
    Kim@madeinaday
    http://madeinaday.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The urn looks fabulous! You did a great job.
    You have a very nice looking blog, love the name!
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just like what I've seen in our educational tour in Rome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How neat, thank you for stopping by.

      Vanessa

      Delete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.