Monday, August 22, 2011

Re-pupose boring plates

Happy Monday!

I trust everyone had a great weekend! I've been a busy little bee over the weekend. I have another DIY project which I will post tomorrow. I realize there is only 125 days before Christmas, can you believe that? I have decided not to wait to the last minute to do special projects, painting, and redecorating. I have a long to do list and I plan on doing every project with minimal money.

I love hanging plates on my walls, so I shop around at different places. I will go to Walmart, Target, antique stores, thrift stores, yard sales, Ross, Marshalls, TJ Max, Homegoods, and department stores as well. I have found really nice plates for a $1 to $3. I will not pay much for decorating plates, unless I plan on using them for salad or desserts. But even then, I stick to a set price.

I had these lovely clear plates I bought at the Good Will store and I knew I wanted to do something different to them.

I clean the plates with soap and water and dry thoroughly. 
Clear plates. 

Krylon can be sprayed on glassware and I love this brand because it is easy to use and dries quickly. Also, make sure the can spray you use can be sprayed on glass. Just read the label. 


 I sprayed two coats and in between coats I let it dry for about 15 minutes.



I love my new red plates, especially in the kitchen. Did you know red promotes eating? 
 I am not done with these plates yet. I plan on adding something else to them, what I am not sure yet. But once I am done, these plates will hang in the kitchen. So watch out for an update. 

What's nice about these plates, you can spray them and decoupages them with fabric or scarpbooking paper. You can even add a photo to your plates! I will being doing a DIY tutorial on this as well. It's on my to do list. LOL!  

Thank you for stopping by! Make sure to leave a comment below I love to hear your opinions! 

Blessings,

Vanessa




2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I love red because you can make it work for so many seasons: Christmas, Valentines, 4th of July. Can't wait to see what else you do with them.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.