Friday, January 27, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day Rag Wreath

Valentine's Day it's one of my favorite holidays because of all the cute glitter hearts, flowers and fun Valentine's decor. 


Here is an easy and inexpensive wreath to make. Over the years I have collected so much ribbon, lace and fabric and this had me thinking. If you are anything like me, you already have tons of ribbon and fabric scraps.

Supplies you will need:
Ribbon or fabric scraps
Wire hanger (1 or 2)
Scissor

Take your wire hanger and start shaping it out in a circle and make sure to smooth out the hanger as best you can. (Don't untwist the hanger, you want to keep it twisted and when you shape out your hanger, just cut off the hook end.)
Once you have your circle, take your thumb and push down at the top center part of the hanger. Bend the hanger till it looks like a heart. Take all of the different ribbons and fabric scraps and cut into 8 inch strips. Next, tie your ribbon all around the hanger, till you get the desired fullness you love. I used many different types of ribbons and fabric. I made sure to alternate so the wreath would have a cohesive look. There you have it, my Happy Valentine's rag wreath!  I love how it turned out and the best part, it didn't cost me much.
http://diy180site.blogspot.com / Happy Valentine's Day rag wreath
I did use different types of ribbons, lace and ripped tee shirts for the wreath. I also mixed in different colors like white, pink, red, cream and red. 

Happy Valentine's Day wreath

Lace and tulle makes any project look so girly. 
Happy Valentine's Day wreath

http://diy180site.blogspot.com / Happy Valentine's Day rag wreath
Thanks for stopping by and Happy Valentine's Day.

Don't Miss a Thing!

If you like what you see, there are several ways to follow along!



2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty, Vanessa. It's has a very romantic and feminine feel to it! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is right up my decor alley!!! I love shaggy decor. Great way to use up small bits of ribbon too! Pinning and sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.