Monday, October 10, 2016

Wall Art Gallery - SpoonFlower

DIY180.com/artwork gallery/wall art gallery

I am excited to participate in "The Fab Furniture Flippin Contest" for the month of September. The theme is all about "Modern Flair" and the sponsor is SpoonFlower. If you don't know anything about Spoonflower you are missing out on some amazing textiles. SpoonFlower was created as the result of one wifes vision, to create her own design on fabric she can use throughout her home. This one of a kind place is where creative individuals create and upload their designs to SpoonFlower. There is no waste because all textiles are created on demand. They use a digital print process that uses water based pigment inks and dyes. They have over 350,000 designs from independent designers throughout the world, there are plenty to choose from. As a participant in this contest, I received a discount on the fabric I chose, but all the opinions are entirely my own. This post contains sponsored links for SpoonFlower

http://www.spoonflower.com/


As I was looking at all my options on SpoonFlower, I was in awe with all the gorgeous designs that I can have printed on high quality fabrics or wallpaper. Nevertheless I found a fabric that resonated with me. When I first opened the package, I have to say I was blown away by the gorgeous design and fabric. I did not expect for the print to look like a piece of artwork so enter plan B. I didn't want to sew a huge pillow, so I made this fabric into art for my office. 

I didn't have a frame large enough so I created a wooden frame. I simple stapled the fabric to the back of the frame and I now have a new work of art for my office. I love it and the saying just speaks to me. Don't you love it?
DIY180.com/Wall art Gallery

The trees on this fabric look like it's been hand painted. 
DIY180.com/Art work/wall gallery

The fabric is so strong and sturdy. It's a gorgeous fabric.
DIY180.com/wall art gallery/artwork

DIY180.com/wallartgallery/artwork
It has taken me about 3 months to finish my office/homeschool room. I know it's  a long time, but I had some issues with finding the right items and just busyness of life. I am happy to say though, I am going shopping this week for a rug and curtains. Fingers cross I find these items and I can reveal the room. 


I want to thank SpoonFlower for providing their gorgeous fabric for this contest. I also would like to thank the ladies over at the Fab Furniture Flipping Contest ™ for this great challenge. If you are a furniture flipper and interested in being a part of next month's challenge, contact the ladies over at info@fabfurnitureflippincontest.com to find out how!


I am linking my project at Colleen's blog, 58 Water Street  and Carrie's blog, Thirty Eighth Street. Please head over there to see what other fabulous flippers have done.









22 comments:

  1. That looks great in the space. I love the quote you chose and it came out perfect. I will have to check out Spoonflower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote and how fresh the painting looks. I will definitely check spoon flower out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's beautiful, Vanessa. Way too pretty to put on a squishy pillow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully! I love the quote. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh those trees are gorgeous! I would have a hard time making that into a pillow also - great choice on the wall art, and the quote! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This fabric is beautiful and makes such a lovely piece of wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vanessa, I just love how you created your own canvas. And I agree, it does look like it's hand-painted, how beautiful! Good for you, nice job!
    Theresa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this! So simple, but great impact.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Absolutely looks hand painted!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this quote. And you would never guess it was "just" fabric. Although not so much lately but I've been sewing for 50 years now. I will check out Spoonflower for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful piece and thank you for introducing us to Spoonflower! Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  12. The trees really look like they were hand painted! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous idea to frame the fabric piece. I seriously thought it was artwork that you painted. I need to check out Spoonflower again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is beautiful! I love the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is beautiful! Smart. Not sure a pillow would've had the same impact. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Just LOVE the sign. And true! Best wishes for a wonderful week ahead. Linda @Crafts a la mode

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness it's beautiful. I love this company and the possibilities. I need to get them to print me up some stuff, too. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really thought that you hand-painted the sign. Amazing that it's fabric. I am off to peek...so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the idea of having a special piece of fabric made up into a piece of art. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh so beautiful! I love that you created the perfect piece for your office!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a smiple idea that could be updated even seasonally! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.