Thursday, October 13, 2016

Handmade Christmas Ornaments

DIY Oven Bake Ornaments
http://diy180site.blogspot.com/
If this is your first time visiting DIY180, Welcome!

I am thrilled to be joining a group of bloggers in "The 31 Days of Handmade Christmas Ornaments" which is been hosted by An Extraordinary Day, Cupcakes and Crinoline, Yesterday on Tuesday, and The Silly Pearl. 
This is going to be a month of inspirational handmade ornaments that you can create for yourself or for others. At the end of this post, you will find the direct links to all the 12 ornaments that have already been posted. 


I was looking over my stash and I have over 100 pieces of cookie cutters and lots of oven Bake Shop clay. Here was my inspiration and with oven bake clay, you can create so many beautiful ornaments. I chose the red and green clay, cut off a square and started to soften the clay. 
Christmas Ornaments/handmade/bake clay

Once the clay was softened, I rolled out the clay 1/4 inch. I picked out my cookie cutter and gently pressed down.  
Christmas Ornaments/bake clay/handmade

Once I peeled the clay away I used the bottom of a paint brush and created a hole through the clay. To create my red bow, I rolled out a long piece of red clay and cut off  a piece about 3' inches. Once I created the loops for my bow, I made sure to add a small piece of clay in the middle, to give it a clean finish. Next, cut off another small piece of clay to create the bottom half of the bow.
Ornaments/handmade/bake clay

The next ornament I created a Christmas tree. Once I cut out the tree, I took small pieces of red clay and gently rolled it into a ball to add to my tree. When I was done with my ornaments, I took a jelly roll pan, and placed a piece of parchment paper down. I laid my ornaments on the pan and baked it in the oven at the lowest setting (170 degrees) for 30 minutes.  
handmade Christmas ornaments/bake clay

Here is the finished product. These would be great to do with your children and great gifts for family, teachers or friends. 
Christmas handmade ornaments/bake clay


http://diy180site.blogspot.com/

Here are all 31 Bloggers in order of their appearance:

Day 1 - The Silly Pearl :: Day 2 -Yesterday on Tuesday Day 3 - Cupcakes and Crinoline :: Day 4 - An Extraordinary Day Day 5 - Knick of Time :: Day 6 - Pet Scribbles :: Day 7 - Simply Kelly Designs Day 8 - Town and Country Living :: Day 9 - Petticoat JUNKtion Day 10 - The Everyday Home :: Day 11 - Up on Tippy Toes Day 12 - Remodelando la Casa :: Day 13 - DIY 180 :: Day 14 - 504 Main Day 15 - Sum of their Stories :: Day 16 - At Home with Jemma Day 17 - The Kim Six Fix :: Day 18 - Shabby Art Boutique Day 19 - Morena's Corner :: Day 20 - My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia Day 21 - Our Southern Home :: Day 22 - Domestically Speaking Day 23 - The Crafting Nook :: Day 24 - Sweet Pea Day 25 - Dukes and Duchesses :: Day 26 - Heathered Nest Day 27 - Lovely Etc. Day 28 - Stone Gable Blog :: Day 29 - Mod Podge Rocks Day 30 - Running with a Glue Gun :: Day 31 - All Things Heart and Home



Below you will find a direct links to all the 12 ornaments that have already been posted. Make sure to stop by tomorrow to visit my sweet friend Holly from 504 Main beautiful handmade ornaments. 


21 comments:

  1. I love your clay ornaments, Vanessa! They bring happy memories of me and my daughter working on our kitchen table making clay-everything, yeah, ornaments included! Happy Christmas crafting with you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are classics, Vanessa! I haven't made them in years, maybe it's time to bring them back!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I think I need to make these with my granddaughter. She'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these...and I love your stash of cookie cutters and clay! These will be so fun to make with my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun ornaments to make for Christmas. These would look pretty tied to a cabinet door or on a Christmas package as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet, what a fun activity to do with the kids (or without - maybe with some friends and a few glasses of wine!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so fun! I know my kids would love to make some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't laugh... I didn't even know there was such a thing as oven bake clay. I absolutely need to visit the craft store (we always need an excuse... yes?) and start experimenting. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Vanessa and for joining us for the blog hop! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a darling idea! I am always tempted to make something with clay, now I know what!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have some grandgirls that would love this project! Wonderful!
    Jemma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kids love making crafty projects at Christmas and this one will be such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how cute!! My kids would love to make these with me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun are these, can't wait to try them on a craft night with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We do these for Easter every year. I don't know why inforget about them the rest of the year!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE these so much, especially as they are in the festive and traditional red and green colors! Definitely want to try making these!

    ReplyDelete
  16. SUPER cute! I want to make these with my niece!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are absolutely darling! I am going to try to make the time this year to do this with my youngest son - he would love it (and so would I!).

    ReplyDelete
  18. So cute - and I envy your huge cookie cutter stash!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.