Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Furniture Makeover- Girl's Room Makeover Part 2

This week I am continuing to show you two more French Provential pieces for my girl's room. I have finished her desk and night stand. I used the same paint that I used on the chest - (furniture makeover part 1).


I love furniture pieces that have curvy legs, it just makes me smile. : ) Not only did this desk turned out beautiful, but it's functional with all those drawers. Those drawers are going to hold a lot of art supplies.

I couldn't resist adding turquoise to the sides of every drawer and lining the drawers with that fun bubble gum wrapping paper. I am a collector of  ladies vintage handkerchiefs and vintage children's books. I have quite a collection of books and I used a few that I want to display in her room. My favorite book is "Little Women" and I can't wait to read it to my girl. The piece of resistance is this gold crown that every girl should have in her room. 

This next piece is the night stand and again more drawers. A girl can't have too many drawers. I also picked up at a yard sale this walnut color jewelry box, that I painted in turquoise and then added a white glaze over it. This is perfect for all her jewelry collection. : ) 

These pieces turned out fabulous and I have a chair for her desk that is getting a makeover as well and lots of decorative pieces as well. Little miss and I are excited and looking forward to finishing up her room. Thanks a bunch for stopping by. 

Hugs,

Vanessa

13 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! You did a beautiful job on your furniture...I love the blue accent piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this style! So perfect for a little girls room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these pieces, Vanessa! You're so great at refinishing furniture!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great color and those legs are just wonderful. Love the curves...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in awe! I am not a furniture refinisher at all. That chest is divine! Great color! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! You did a great job.
    Leslie
    House on the Way

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pieces together and the polkadot paper is great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! My daughters would love these pieces in their rooms!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.