Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fall Mantle

Took a break today from doing birthday decorations and I finally decorated my mantle. The fire mantle is one project I would love to redo, however we are not ready to take on this project. I have seen beautiful mantles, but with my mantle its more like a love and hate relationship, so I am going to be grateful I have a mantle and make it look lovely for the fall. I have two looks and I would love for you all to tell me which one you love. Everything I used is from stuff I had on hand, yard sales and the dollar store.
The mantle, the wood is rough cut cedar wood

First look -added some pumpkins, candles, mirror and fall leaves.
After I was writing this post, I realized I didn't care too much for this look and I redid the mantle again. This is the second look and I love the way the mantle looks now.

Second look - not cold enough for a fire, its just for ambience 
True story, I forgot we closed the flue so the smoke was coming in the house. I had to laugh, because I was trying really hard to set the mood. LOL! The good thing it was only paper burning and it was burning out. Lesson learned.



This is a meddlion

Put the swag underneath. It looks like it fills the space.

Add fabric and leaves and I made art.


Living in Florida, I don't really get into fall till October, so how did I do? I love the second look, which one do you like? I love comments so drop me a line and let me know what you think. : )  Have a great week.

Vanessa

10 comments:

  1. Looks lovely, autumnal and cosy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fall decor is perfect with your rustic fireplace. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. My mantle is a bit cluttered, but maybe this will inspire me to fix it up for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet display! I just love your mantle decorations ~ perfect for fall. I'm visiting from Katherine's blog hop. Stop by for a visit if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like both, but I like the second one better :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. #2 has my vote, too. I am blog hopping from Katherine's Corner. Following you. Pls follow back. Growing Old With Grace http://growing-old-with-grace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vanessa, Thanks so much for popping by & leaving a comment on my blog. This mantle looks so warm & welcoming. Great job!

    Warmly, Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how you decorated your mantle Vanessa!
    And I would also go for the second look - it is more luxurious!
    Have a great Sunday!!
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to go for #2! It looks really nice. I'm new to your blog, and am now a new follower. Also following on Pinterest. Hope you stop by my blog for a visit.
    :) CAS

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.