Friday, October 14, 2011

DIY Projects

Happy Friday!
As you may or may not know there is only 71 days till Christmas. Yes, I said it, 71 days. I can't believe the year is about to end soon. Amazing!

Well, I have a very A type personality and I am very organized as well. I have a list to do before Thanksgiving and Christmas. Here are some of my DIY projects I have finished.

This swag had some gaps, so I added ribbon to hide them.
I used floral wire to wrap the ribbon. 

You can see peeks of the ribbon.

I have this hanging over the fireplace, but come Thanksgiving it will be part of the center piece. Pic to follow
The iron design I had for a while and just got tired of the color. 
 I took my lovely Red Banner Krylon paint spray and went to town. I love red!

Just the right amount of pop of color to make it stand out on the wall. 
What do you think? I love comments, so drop me a line. Do you remember those sprayed painted plates I did a while back? Well, I am finishing those up and will be posting them soon. Thank you for stopping by and have a Bless weekend.

Vanessa

7 comments:

  1. Thnks for visiting my blog!! I love your DIY decor, especially the red iron piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice jobs! Love the red iron piece. That's a great color -it really is a big change.

    Thanks for visiting my blog. :)

    Debra
    www.september-acres.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job my friend, I love the red too. Big Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah... Nice work on the iron decoration. That red is striking! You have great vision and your crafts are great. What is a type A personality then? Is there a test to complete... I'm probably e complete opposite to you... Type X or something, hahaaaa....
    I enjoyed this blog post very much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Vanessa, yes I'm from England - oh you and your husband should definitely come over and say hi ! Best time for London is May or now in October. Come for a long weekend, catch a show, stroll the parks, visit a historical town and then shop shop shop! hahaaa...
    Thanks for your comments about my Manchester blog. :-)
    Jennie. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore your swag and your scrollie looks beautiful in red.

    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous use of colours, your swag is divine and i love the use of red paint for the banner. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.