Thursday, May 26, 2016

Dining Table Makeover - Fab Furniture Flippin Contest

I am excited to participate for the first time in “The Fab Furniture Flippin Contest" this month. The theme is all about bling, bling and the sponsor is Country Chic Paint. I was thrilled to be able to use Country Chic Paint because it is clay based, self-priming and eco-friendly! They have a gorgeous line of colors, metallic cream paints, tough coat, a line of waxes, Beewax distressing bar, embossing plaster, glaze, image transfer medium and a great line of paint brushes. If you check out their web site, you will find easy step by step instructions and videos for all their products. It’s awesome! As a participant in this contest, I received free products, but all the opinions are entirely my own. This post contains sponsored links for Country Chic Paint.

It wasn’t easy to pick out just one paint color, however I had a vision for my dining table makeover. I went with a gorgeous color called Vanilla Frosting and Pocket Watch Metallic cream. The Vanilla Frosting is a beautiful white/cream color as the main color with Pocket Watch Metallic cream as the accent color.  


My dining table was ready for a makeover and I was ready to get to work. The first thing I did, is give the table a light sanding and I wiped it clean. 

I love the texture and consistency of the paint. It went on smoothly and it dried quickly. I gave the table top three coats and the base two. I also gave it a light sanding and distressing. I wasn't going for a heavy distress, especially on the table top. I have to say, I loved this color. It's such a beautiful color and it's a neutral color that was the perfect for this table. 

Distressing this table was so easy and I didn't have a dust cloud of chalk surrounding me. I used a medium block and afterwards used 600 grit sandpaper to smooth the surface. I love for my pieces of furniture to have a smooth feel. Just like a baby's bottom. 

I wanted to give this table accent of gold so I took this gorgeous Pocket Watch metallic cream and used it on the side of the table top. I applied a thin coat and it dried really fast. I added three coats of the metallic cream. This cream takes a little practice and thanks to the ladies at Country Chic Paint for helping me figure out how to use this product correctly. 

I am loving this table now! The Vanilla Frosting and the Pocket Watch goes together beautifully. I am happy and I can't wait to work on the chairs in a couple of weeks. 

I have these plain looking candle holders and I decided I wanted to give them new life. I gave it a coat of Pocket Watch, Vanilla Frosting and distressing and Voila! What do you think?



I want to thank Country Chic Paint for providing their gorgeous paints for this contest. I also would like to thank the ladies over at the Fab Furniture Flipping Contest ™ for this great challenge. If you are a furniture flipper and interested in being a part of next month’s challenge, contact the ladies over at info@fabfurnitureflippincontest.com to find out how!

I am linking my project up at Thea’s blog, Sweet TeaRefinishing, and Carrie’s blog, Thirty Eighth Street. Please head over there to see what other fabulous flippers have done.

Vanessa

9 comments:

  1. Vanessa, the table turned out beautiful!! What a transformation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vanessa, I have been so excited to see the final reveal after you hinted about it on your Instagram. Great job, I bet your family will spend lots of gatherings around your new table! Best of luck in the contest :)
    ~Tami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I love what you did with your table! It's an amazing transformation. I love the gold accents too! Terrific work. Outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this transformation, vanilla frosting is my favorite color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! What a transformation! Wow! Nice job! Love the little touch of gold to set things off!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Vanessa!! I am so impressed!! You did a fabulous job on the table. It is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful flip and your accessories top it off perfectly, nice job Vanessa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your table is so bright now and your accessories are great too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your table, Vanessa! It's amazing what a little paint can do! :)

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.