Thursday, April 5, 2012

Who Wants To See A Antique Mirror!

Last weekend my sister and I took my mom for the first time to yard sales around our fair city. My mom is not use to doing this, so she was in a bit of shock when she saw what people where selling. By the end of the day she enjoyed herself and she scored BIG when she found this lovely oval antique mirror, which she only paid $2.50 for. When I took the mirror apart, I found markings on the frame and the mirror. The frame was made by a company call Burwood Product Co, from Illinois and the mirror was made by Toledo Plate Window Glass Co, from Ohio.  The mirror has a few scratches, but other then that everything else looks great.

Here are the before pictures:

The paint on the frame was rubbed off, so I used Rust-Oleum Metallic paint & Primer in Pure Gold
Here are the before:
I love all these details on the frame.


I love this antique mirror and I am so jealous my mom found it first. LOL, I would like to add some glazing, but my mom hasn't see the mirror yet, but rest assure I will get some glazing on this lovely piece. (wink wink) Thank you for stopping by and have a Happy Easter! I LOVE your SWEET comments, so drop me a line.

Hugs,

Vanessa

13 comments:

  1. Vanessa! What a gorgeous piece. A great find for your mom. Sounds like she'll be doing more yard sale-ing in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She really scored big! It's a beautiful mirror.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vanessa! Love this mirror and how you spraypainted it to its current loveliness! Am following you back :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mirror is amazing! I love the transformation!

    Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to restore an old mirror! It looks lovely now. Have a great evening!

    {{hugs}}
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! I love the mirror! I can't believe it was so cheap. You scored big time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 2.50 or 250.00 ? How is that a score?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The period after the two doesn't show up well, but its $2.50, so it was a big score.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Vanessa

      Delete
  8. What a find. I love the design on this fab mirror, it turned out beautifully!

    ...Came over from Katherine's..

    I have a $100 Giveaway from Soft Surroundings on my site if you would like to enter!!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this mirror! AND, I think your mom should give it to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well that is just beautiful!!! Thank you for linking up to the Thursday Favorite Things Hop! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great find! It looks so pretty the way you fixed it up! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I visit this site and acquainted with this.This site publish most useful and valuable article.I read this post and find lot of things.I am really happy for reading and knowing this post.nice pics....
    Antique Mirror

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you, please leave a comment.