I am going to share with you one of favorite and simple recipe you can make for your family either for lunch or dinner. I love to pair my chicken quesadilla with a side salad. This is a fast and light meal for the spring and summer times. It has been in the 90's here in Florida for the last 7 weeks can you say muy caliente (hot)!
1 1/2 Chicken breast cubed
1 large red onion
Baby Spring Mix
16 oz of cheese
1) Season your chicken and drizzle olive oil over it and refrigerate for about 30 minutes. Next, you can cook your chicken two ways. The first way is to cut up your chicken and toss in pan till cook through. Or you can grill your chicken breast on the grill and set aside for 5 minutes and then cut into thin slices. I cook my chicken both ways, but today I did the first method.
2) Next chop up your red onion, drizzle olive oil and cook onion till translucent.
3) Place tortillas on the grill or pan till lightly golden.
4) To assemble place chicken, cheese, onions, tomato and any other sides you like to your tortilla and then place the other tortilla on top and grill till the cheese melts.
5) Plate up quesadilla with a side of sour cream, salsa and side salad. Enjoy!
Hope you enjoy this simple meal and I love to hear from you so drop me. Have a great week!